Cartier Discovers Several Au-Ag-Cu-Zn Volcanic Massive Sulphide Systems on Kinojevisadmin
Cartier Resources Inc. announce the discovery of several gold-silver-copper-zinc volcanogenic massive sulphide type mineralization systems on four sectors of the Kinojevis Project.
Previous drilling (KI-08-22, 31, 32, 33 and 25A), prospecting and trenching as well as compilation of the historic to deposits adjacent to the property demonstrate that all the geological elements are present for the discovery of a VMS-type gold-silver-copper-zinc deposit.
MacCormack Rhyolite Sector:
– Drilling and trenching has outlined a horizon with massive sulphide beds that mark the upper contact of a 250-meter thick rhyolite dome; – Recent ministry work has demonstrated that the rhyolite is the time equivalent stratigraphy of the Kidd-Munro sequence that hosts the Kidd-Creek mine(138 Mt at 2.35% Cu, 6.5% Zn, 0.23% Pb and 0.89 g/t Ag); – The upper part of the rhyolite is brecciated, highly chloritized and anomalous in gold with 0.90 g/t Au over 0.73m (channel sample), 1.4 g/t Au (grab sample), and 0.17 g/t Au over 10.0m (hole KI-08-31) including 0.60 g/t Au over 1.0m; – Holes KI-08-22, 31, 32 and 33 have cut a rhyolitic breccia that is highly silicified and mineralized (pyrite, pyrrhotite, sphalerite) with massive sulphide horizons;
– The rhyolite presents highly chloritized and sericitized sections over a strike length of 900 metres.
Hole KI-08-25A area:
– A volcanic contact marked by a cherty and brecciated horizon with massive pyrite and magnetite, returned 0.32% Zn over 2.7 metres and 0.11% Cu over 0.70 metres;
– This horizon is signatured by a series of airborne geophysical anomalies indicating a higher concentration of sulphides 600 meters east of hole KI-08-25A.
Newconex Deposit Extension Sector:
– The Newconex deposit is owned by the Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited and is immediately to the east of the property’s boundary. In 1986, Roscoe Mining Services Inc. estimated a historical mineral resources at 393,523 short tons with 4,97% Zn, 40,45 g/t Ag and 0,35% Cu. Mineralization is composed of pyrite, sphalerite, chalcopyrite with traces of galena;
– The eastern and western extensions of this mineralization are signatured by (EM and Mag) anomalies on Cartier property.
Landome Deposit Extension Sector:
– The Landome deposit is held by Ressource Cogitore inc. and is located immediately east of the Kinojevis property in the St.Marc area. A historical reserves calculation dating back to 1975 by Placer Dome inc. estimated that there were 251,304 tons at 2.5% Cu and 2.0% Zn. Mineralization consists of massive sulphide horizons associated with strong chlorite alteration of a felsic rock sequence;
– The altered and mineralized horizons along with a group of airborne EM anomalies cross into the Kinojevis property in a poorly tested area.
Cartier Resources is a pure-play exploration company focused on gold in the prolific Abitibi Gold Belt in Quebec. The Company’s portfolio of properties consists of wholly-owned projects which are managed by a team of geologists who have a proven track record of making significant discoveries. Cartier Resources’ resolve is to increase shareholder value from acquisition to discovery through the use of time-tested exploration technologies and proprietary geochemical tools.
A map is available at the following address: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/cara1027.pdf