Fjordland Arranges Drilling for Olympic-Rob IOCG-Uranium Project

Fjordland Arranges Drilling for Olympic-Rob IOCG-Uranium Project

Fjordland Exploration Inc. reports it has signed a project management contract with Aurora Geosciences Ltd. for the Olympic-Rob IOCG (Iron Oxide Copper-Gold) Uranium project, located in the Wernecke region of the Yukon.

The turnkey project management program covers geophysical surveys and drilling to evaluate areas where previous exploration has identified distinct IOCG-type copper and uranium targets. Aurora advises that a drill has been secured for the project.

On the Rob Property, a 500 metre long copper and uranium in-soil anomaly envelopes a number of copper-uranium showings ranging from 0.01% to 1.57% U3O8, along with copper values ranging from 0.3% to 1.8%. Previous exploration in 1994 by Pendisle Resources defined a mineralized zone through geological mapping, rock sampling and soil geochemistry. No drilling has been done at Rob.

On the adjacent Olympic claims, numerous copper showings ranging from 100 ppm to 21.4% copper from grab samples are enveloped by an approximate 2-kilometre diameter continuous copper in-soil anomaly, which has not been tested for uranium. Copper minerals identified are chalcopyrite, bornite and malachite. The breccia complex on the Olympic property has similar age, geometry, structure and trace element signatures to BHP Billiton Ltd.’s giant IOCG Olympic Dam deposit, a polymetallic orebody containing the world’s largest uranium reserve.

Other exploration companies exploring geological similar properties in the prospective Wernecke region of the Yukon, Canada include Cash Minerals Ltd. , Twenty-Seven Capital Corp., and joint venture partners Fronteer Development Group Inc. and Rimfire Minerals Corp..

Approximately 2,000 – 3,000 metres of drilling is planned at the Olympic-Rob project. The drilling program, which is budgeted for $600,000, is expected to start in early summer. Further information about the Olympic-Rob project is available at

About Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Fjordland Exploration is a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of gold, copper and uranium deposits. The Company has a 60% interest in the 26,936 hectare Woodjam gold-copper property located in central British Columbia, Canada and is operator of the project; Cariboo Rose Resources Ltd. holds the remaining 40% interest. Fjordland also has an option to earn up to 80% in the Olympic-Rob copper-gold-uranium project located in Yukon, Canada from Commander Resources Ltd. . Shares of Fjordland Exploration trade on the TSX Venture Exchange with the symbol “FEX”. For further information visit the Company’s website at

Victor Tanaka, President

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy of this news release.


John Gomez Fjordland Exploration Inc. Investor Relations (604) 893-8365 (604) 669-8336 (FAX) Email:


Source: Fjordland Exploration Inc.

Share this post