History of coal breakeradmin
A closer look at the Huber Breaker:
Named for Charles F. Huber, chairman of Glen Alden Coal Co. Constructed of steel and glass; replaced wooden breaker from 1895. Produced 7,000 tons of coal per day. Employed 1,700 workers. Housed devices that sized and washed coal. Coal processed at Huber Breaker was sprayed with blue chemical and marketed as Blue Coal.
Coal delivered by rail to East Coast markets.