Research and Markets: The Chilean Mining Sector – Market Opportunity and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015 Includes Trends that Took Place in the Last 12 Monthsadmin
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/01a9fa/the_chilean_mining) has announced the addition of iCD Research’s new report “The Chilean Mining Sector – Market Opportunity and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2015″ to their offering.
In 2009, Chile’s total mineral production volume reached an increase of 2.5% over production figures for 2008. Despite the global economic downturn, key minerals such as copper and molybdenum posted growths of 1.5% and 3.9% respectively. By 2015, the industry is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% during 2010-15. Of this volume, the metallic mineral division is expected to continue to dominate the market, with a share of 50%, followed by the nonmetallic and coal divisions, with shares of 34% and 16% respectively.
During 2009, the total value of mineral production stood at US$25.9 billion, indicating a significant CAGR of 15.5% since 2004, but down 15.2% over figures for 2008. Of this production, copper production accounted for 88%. However, despite a marginal increase of 2.5% in terms of volume, the total value declined due to the decrease in the average price of copper and other key minerals in the same year.
* Top level overview of the Chilean mining industry * A breakdown of the Chilean mining industry by segments such as coal, metallic minerals and non metallic minerals * Details of top companies active across Chilean mining industry
* Emerging trends and opportunities in the Chilean mining industry in the last 12 months
This report offers insights into market opportunities and entry strategies adopted to gain market share in the Chilean mining industry. In particular, it offers in-depth analysis of the following:
* Market opportunity and attractiveness: Detailed analysis of current market size and growth expectations during 2010-15. It highlights key drivers to help understand growth dynamics. It also benchmarks the sector against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas. * Procurement dynamics: Trend analysis of exports and imports, along with their implications and impact on the Chilean mining industry. * Industry structure: Five forces analysis to understand various power centers in the industry and how they are likely to develop in the medium term. * Competitive landscape: Analysis of key companies in the public and private sectors of the Chilean mining industry. * Market entry strategy: Analysis of possible ways to enter the market along with an understanding of how existing operators have achieved this, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives.
* Business environment and country risk: a range of drivers at country level, assessing business environment and country risk. It covers historical and forecast values for a range of indicators, evaluating business confidence, economic performance, infrastructure quality and availability, labor force, demographics, and political and social risk.
* Analysis of Mining industry production from 2004 through 2009 and forecasts till 2015 * Analysis of market size and production trend analysis by coal, metallic and non-metallic segments * Mining Equipment market size and forecast * End use market dynamics * Benchmarking with key global markets * Market opportunities * Mining import and export dynamics * Industry dynamics: Five forces analysis of coal, metallic minerals, non- metallic minerals and mining equipment * Market entry strategy * Competitive landscape and strategic insights
* Business environment and country risk
Reasons to Buy
* Gain insight into the Chilean mining industry with current, historic and forecast production of coal, metallic minerals and non-metallic minerals * Get insight on market opportunity and attractiveness * Get insight on industry import and export dynamics * Gain insight on industry structure * Gain insight into the regulations governing the Chilean mining industry and the potential market entry strategies with an expert analysis of the competitive structure
* Identify top companies of the Chilean mining industry along with profiles on those companies
Key Topics Covered:
* 1 Introduction * 2 Executive Summary * 3 Market Attractiveness and Emerging Opportunities * 4 Mining Import and Export Market Dynamics * 5 Industry Dynamics: Five Forces Analysis * 6 Market Entry Strategy * 7 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights * 8 Business Environment and Country Risk * 9 Appendix * List of Tables
* List of Figures