Franklin Mining, Inc. Announces Escala Mine Operations to Include Goldadmin
Franklin Mining, Inc. Chairman and CEO William Petty has arrived in Santa Cruz, Bolivia as the Escala Mine expands operations to include gold.
“With the Escala’s silver recovery underway, Franklin management is now focused on expanding operations to include gold,” said Mr. Petty. “Equipment and technologies available today will allow us to quickly and efficiently expand our operation to recover the 20,000 to 30,000 ounces near the Cerro Blanco Dome area of our consignment.”
The initial discovery of gold near the Cerro Blanco Dome was made in early-1993 after diamond drilling confirmed that gold mineralization was strongly zoned and contained significant sections above 1.0 grams per ton. The average of 60% of all samples was 0.51 grams per ton; the average of the remaining 40% was 1.16 grams per ton. At the highest end of the range of all assay results, there were a few as high as 2.8 and 3.9 grams per ton.